Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Donnette About BYU


I haven't heard from BYU either. They were collecting stories of LDS men 
in all the wars - not just the few that they started with. I sent them a 
CD with war stories of Ray and Claude, and of Richard and his brother, 
Herbert Jr. who were in WWII. It is nice they are being archived. 
A number of years ago Richard and I were gathering information to write 
some of our ancestors' histories and found that someone had written the 
biography as a Master's thesis for one of Richard's ancestors - George 
Washington Hill. As Richard was a descendant they Xeroxed Richard a 
copy. A couple of years ago I went to BYU and asked if they could copy 
off some copies for our children. They showed me that they have been 
computerizing all those histories and that they are online for anyone to 
print off. It is great that some of these things are so available. 
 I am in good health. I work once a week at the Lindon Family History 
Center and am a Ward Family History Consultant. And I do the ward 
bulletin each week. My daughter, Barbara, who lives in Orem comes once a 
week for lunch to see if I'm still getting around and helps me with my 
little garden. And my daughter, Cynthia, has moved to Lehi - so I see 
them both fairly often. Some of the grandchildren drop by. I am so glad 
we moved to Lindon. None of the family are left in Idaho. 
It is always great to hear from the family - the children and the 
cousins and the friends. Always fun to see your family pictures on the 
Christmas cards.

Love to all, Donnette

No comments:

Subscribe