Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's Time to Talk. . .

From: Toni Jackson

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:55:38 -0400
 Re: Pics

Myrna: Oh, I would love a copy of that CD. I will pay for any cost involved. It sounds like you are doing great work in preserving memories and history. I have been working on a similar project. I will make you a copy. If some of the photos are the same, that is fine. I have found out that some photos, even though they started out as identical copies, end up with little flaws here and there because of age. What a great thing that your mom wrote notes about the photos.

My dad had an album of old photos but I am not certain who all the folks are and now that he has gone, I will never know.

Your mom was always a special woman. She and your dad even came to Grandma Smith's funeral. She is buried in Springville and we went to Aunt Pearle's (Smith), Vivian's sister-in-law, so my great-aunt, for dinner and she and your dad gathered with us there. She, of
course, knew all the Smiths from the years of past associations.
Toni: I just tried to email 2 more pics thru my Easyshare and I think by thespeed it went thru' that they were not actually sent once again. I wasjust going to show you what I'm doing with the pics and when I'm finished I will put them all on a CD. My original plan was to mail you a CD and I think that's probably what I'll have to do if the Kodak thing isn't going to work. Usually it fixes itself somehow when I reboot tthe computer but this  time that has not worked apparently. 

I Could put the pics on FB but there would be over 100 of them in this one album I believe. Mom had put all these pics in a 'new' album... one of the cheap ones with sticky pages and a plastic overlay (which will ruin the prints) and they are all falling out. So I took photos of each page so that I would have Mom's notes that are written on the album. Then I  am cropping out each photo & adding text with whatever info I have. I am also keeping copies of each print with no text on them as well so they can be enlarged & printed. So there may be 175-200 pics by the time I'm done with just this one album. Kind of a lot for FB, plus I suspect you may have a lot of these pics yourself already. I'll get them to you one way or the other, may add a couple to FB today &  just keep working on the rest.

More later, have a good weekend! Love, Toni 

OK, good. Maybe between the two of us we can fill in some blanks. I'm also trying to learn how to sell on eBay ( I KNOW how to buy, LOL), plus get ready for a yard sale, go through many boxes of photos, finish household projects, etc. so not sure when I will finish the CD but will let you know.

Myrna: I hope you live for many, many years to come. Take a few minutes to breathe somewhere in that schedule of yours. Selling on eBay, hmm. What are you selling? Maybe I want to be your customer. Just a quick funny story--I ordered a second-hand book on eBay not realizing that I was buying from a Pitts cousin in Carbon County. I didn't know the seller name she used. She, however, knew who I was from the start so, along with the book, I got a letter from her. LOL

>

No comments:

Subscribe