Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Computer Woes

Myrna wrote: I either need to install a new power supply for my computer or buy a new one. I told Allan, the boss, I was going to fix it and he said I was a dumb *&#@.


Life is interesting.

He thinks I should buy a referb iMac for $800 rather than fix my computer for $300.

Opinions please.

Todd wrote: My opinion? You don't want.

Call him a "dumb *&#@" right back. Fire his kiester. Do whatever you want, you're an adult. When he is forced back out of retirement to cover all the silly meetings you attend and to fill his paper with all the articles you write, then perhaps you could point out to him that his choice of nomenclature was really in error.

Al wrote: Once you buy an iMac you will never go back to a PC.
al
 
Al Pitts 
Manufacturing Engineering 
Affordability Task Force 

Myrna wrote: I have a G4 Mac and a Macbook, so I agree. It is the G4 that needs a new power source. It is seven years old.

Al wrote: 
Cuz:
I'm wondering if you need to work for some one that uses such language or refers to such language (*&#@)?
Here at Boeing where I work I do not have to put up with such language, if I want I can simply get up and leave the area until it stops. Of course pay continues.
Love you
Ps. Who is Allan?
Al Pitts 
Manufacturing Engineering 
Affordability Task Force 

Myrna wrote: Allan Gibson is the owner/publisher of the Nephi Times News. He is a church renegade and uses such language because he can. His dad was very active in the church and held many leadership positions. His brother, Vance, who used to co-run the paper was also active. Both died because of diabetes. His surviving brother is an instructor at BYU. Allan likes to shock. His wife is nice and his daughter is active in the church. She is supposed to inherit the paper at some point. Other than his bad language, he has no other bad habits such as smoking or drinking. He says he is the bad seed. He does have a lot of good traits and does treat me well. We are good friends but he is blunt.

Shawn wrote: Was that what the place in American Fork said?

Myrna wrote: The place in American Fork closed last week. We went to Simply Mac that is on the same lot with the mall in Orem. It is just at the end.


No comments:

Subscribe