Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Kenilworth Photos Found by Shawn


Shawn wrote:
Hi,
I seem to remember hearing Aberdeen Mine in relation to the Kenilworth mining. What are Bull Hollow and Blue Gate?-Shawn


Myrna wrote: Aberdeen was what Kenilworth was called at first. It was then called Independent Coal and Coke but they cut the coke from the name because the coal didn't coke very well. Dad LH remembers hearing Bull Hollow and Blue Gate but he can't remember where those were.


Shawn wrote:

Thanks,


Just wondered because I remembered I had found some pictures on Picasa from Kenilworth once, and when Todd sent the Nephi pictures I went and found the pictures again. They are all modern, and are from a guy’s ride on his four-wheeler up in that area. He just mentioned those two other names, and they were not familiar to me.

Here are his pics, I found them interesting as they reminded me of hiking in the area with Dad:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dennis.Udink/KenilworthCastle#


-Shawn

Myrna wrote: Dad says to tell you thanks. He will try to figure out where Bull Hollow is by looking at the photos. Love, M

These are just two of the ones posted. A visit to the site is well worth it.









No comments:

Subscribe