Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

James E. West Fellowship Award

September 15, 2009


Dear Contributor:


I would like to express my appreciation for your thoughtfulness in donating your money to the Scouting program in my name. I had been helping with the serving the night of the Salt Creek District Recognition and was one of the last to get my food. I had just started to eat when they started to give out the awards. They first gave out the Second Miler awards, then the Scouter awards.


Don Eyre, our District Chairman, then explained about the James E. West Fellowship Award. I was familiar with the award because in our commissioner’s meeting for the past couple of years we have talked about it. When he read my name I just about dropped my ear of corn and fell off of my chair. It was a total surprise.


Over the years, I have earned my Scouter Award, Second Miler Award, have attended Wood Badge, and have participated in many other scout training sessions. I have received the Silver Beaver award. I am now honored, thanks to you, by being a recipient of the James E. West Fellowship Award.


I have been actively engaged in Scouting, this time, since I was released as a bishop. That has been about twenty-two years. When I first moved to Nephi, I was put in as a scout leader and, prior to that, I was a scout leader in two different wards in Provo.


Again I would like to express my appreciation for even considering me. There are many other Scouters who are more deserving than I. Thank you!


Sincerely Yours


Leonard Trauntvein

No comments:

Subscribe