Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

For Merle


This earth lost a beautiful person when my dear Uncle Charles died. Of course, I know the spirits on the other side were happy to welcome him. Uncle Charles was the uncle of my father, Howard Pitts, and the brother of my grandmother, Ruth Edwards Pitts. He gave a wonderful talk at my father's funeral. I so appreciated that, as did the rest of the family. He was a great man and was so kind and giving. He and Aunt Merle always attended the great events in my life. Beyond that, when my children went on missions, they were there; when they were married, they were there. My husband, Leonard, also loved Uncle Charles and shed tears when he read me the obituary this morning. He has been calling our children to let them know of his passing. He so enjoyed the part of the obituary so obviously written by Uncle Charles. In all aspects, he was my "great" uncle and I love him and will miss him. Leonard and I want to let you, Aunt Merle, and the family know that you are loved and that you have our sympathy. Aunt Merle, we also think that you are a great woman and pray that our Heavenly Father will comfort you at this time.

Myrna Trauntvein,
Nephi, Utah

No comments:

Subscribe