Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2009

It's about time I wrote something here!

Just so you all know, if you look at any of the photo CDs we sent to you, you will find photos of the family--all of those who have sent photos will find them on the CDs. In addition, there are photos of the new people in the family this first year of life. I hope you all have the CDs by now.

Next, I hope you all get your St. Patrick's Day packages. Remember, you all have the luck of the Irish (which can be either a good or bad thing in and of itself) by birthright. Both LHT and MT have Irish ancestors. So enjoy. This month, unlike in November, December, January and February, I sent all of the letters to each of you, kids and adults, in one big package. That means you will all get them or none of you will depending on the mail delivery. I have, quite frankly, given up. We keep getting letters back. The mailman delivers the mail according to the return address and not to the send address. Dad keeps complaining to the post office but it doesn't do any good. It is not only snail mail but computer mail that fails me. My e-mail servers both send out multiple e-mails when I just planned on sending one. I get multiple e-mails from the same sender. In addition, I keep getting the ones I send to Todd, Melanie and Kirsten back as undeliverable. Go figure.

Those with birthdays and the one anniversary couple this month, should all be getting or have gotten cards in the mail.

I feel like the old cliche: "The check is in the mail." It really is but who ever believes that when it never shows up?

By the way, one of the people in the family mailing will get $2 instead of $1. I got new bills and they kept sticking together. When I finished, I had one dollar left and I should have had two dollars (out of the $50). But it is not my fault, I inherited "bug eyes" as one of my friends (?) told me on Saturday. My eyes bulge outward, like bug eyes, she said. I'd worry about it but I have other things troubling me. I am getting ready to blow away. I have now be diagnosed with dry eye, dry skin and dry mouth. When I die, I will not need a casket. Dad can just put me out on the porch on a windy day and I will blow away. That "from dust to dust" statement must really apply.

I love you all. Have a great week. M

1 comment:

The Howard Bolton Family said...

Kind of funny, because dust makes you sneeze. You told me years ago that you thought you were allergic to your own skin. Hmmm...maybe you were right on the diagnosis.

Loved the Family Home Evening kit you sent. The only problem I had was that Ben thought the word game was appropriate for Seminary. Had to remind him it wasn't really a church approved resource. He said that family unity was church approved, and the resource was family, therefore, it was a family oriented, church approved game. Yay, for Early Morning Seminary Debate Club.

Subscribe