Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Would Like‏ (Auntie Helen's Popcorn Cake Recipe)


From: MYRNA TRAUNTVEIN
Friday, December 26, 2008 11:15 AM
Subject: I Would Like

I would like your recipe for popcorn cake. Both AnnMarie and Amy made it for the neighbor gifts. They also each made one for LHT. I hadn't realized how much he loved it. So I would like to get you recipe for it so I can make it for him from time to time.

Thanks.

We have so much fun together, we three, that I think of you as my blood-sister as well as Leonard's.

Love, M

From: Helen
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:54:18 -0700

Hi, dear ones:  today is a Thomas Kincade picture perfect day of winter wonderland. Thank you for your e-mail- the receipe I use is:
      
Pop corn cake-
. 22 cups of popped pop corn- ( for the one I brought down at Thanksgiving I used the Country Kettle Corn- what a very good flavor it added- or you can pop your own pop corn)

. 3/4's cup of butter or margarine

. 24 ounces marshmellows

. 1 cup or as much as you like of spicey gun drops- omit black ones or if you desire a black pop corn cake- maybe for halloween !

. 1 cup or as much as you like of nuts- I use the small Spanish salted ones with their skins

. 1cup or as much as you like of chopped or ground up peppermint sticks. Mine are chopped as I don't have a grinder. The chopped gives bigger pieces of peppermint if that is the choice.

Melt butter or margarine in a large pan-then add on low heat  the marshmellows- stir often so they don't burn, until all the marshmellows are melted in with the butter/margarine.

Put pop corn in a large container- add all ingredients prior to pouring in the marshmellow mixture- mix all ingredients well- then all marshmellow mixture stirring it throughout the popcorn.

Put into a prepared dripper pan, sponge cake pan or loaf tins as desired- spray these pans with Pam or just use a shortning so the popcorn doesn't stick to the pan.

This will make a big dripper pan or as many small ones you desire to make, with the batch of popcorn.

When working with it in the pans if you want to use your hands keep them moist with water so the mixture won't stick to your hands. 

THEN HAVE A LOVED ONE SAMPLE !!!! THIS IS A MUST !!!!! 

FOR LONGER SHELF LIFE:
 put into the refigerator or in a cool place if desired, if left on the counter or table the shelf life is Extremely Limited.

WARNING !!!!!!
THESE CAN BE DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH--AS THEY ARE HABIT FORMING.
BUT OH, WHAT A HABIT---RIGHT?? OF COURSE RIGHT.  

ENJOY !!

Have special Sabbath. Love you both very much. 
  Your eternal sister- thanks for being in my eternal sojourn, I wouldn't have wanted to miss having You Both.

Just Me---HT  

From: L H and Myrna Trauntvein 12/28/08
To: Helen Trauntvein

Yummy! I will make one on Monday. I guess that LHT is my sample person, right? He is a loved one and he likes to sample so he fits the requirements.

Thanks for the recipe and for everything else. We do love you.

M

No comments:

Subscribe