Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2008

David Tells About Dad's Heart Attack

From: David

When dad had his heart attack we were carrying logs up the hill in a contest against other troops. Dad being dad, he was bound and determined we were going to win. So after we hussled up the hill and finished dad said he wasn't feeling well.
 
He went over to the van to lay down. I knew something wasn't right so I went to check on him. He was laying underneath the van in the shade, which strook me as odd. His behavior was a little strange and I told him we needed to leave. He was a little hesitant at first, but then he suddenly decided that something was seriously wrong. I ran and got the other scouts as fast as I could and we piled in the van and dad drove to the hospital.
 
I kept asking if he was alright because I could tell he was in pain and his left arm was numb. The other scouts were confused because neither of us told them what was happening. We stopped at the hospital and dad ran inside. I then drove the other scouts home, being the excellent driver at the age of 14, and went to find mom and julie.
 
After that I draw a blank. I think julie and I drove to UVRMC and mom went with dad. I am also trying to remember who took me to buy a new cassette tape for my walkman.

No comments:

Subscribe