Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2008

How Did It Go?

That story should have impressed them. It impressed me. Love, M


From: STrauntvein@sa.utah.edu
To: mandlht@msn.com; trauntvein@relia.net
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:55:41 -0700
Subject: RE: How did it go?

By the way, I told a "hunting" from when I was twelve during my interview. They asked if I was big picture oriented, or detail oriented. I told them that I leaned towards the big picture side. They asked me why, I said "it is because you can get bogged down in details if you only deal with details, and can come out completely wrong." I continued by telling the following experience (although I did not say I was hunting pheasants, or that we were out by the bogs):
"When I was young I was hiking with my father, and he told me to cross through a big area of willows, and come out on the other side. I started through the willows and would keep having to decide which way was best to go to get around a clump of willows, I would go around the one, get to the next and go around it, and all the time I thought I was still going the right direction, but in the end I ended up coming out on the wrong side. Because I had no external 'big picture' reference, I got lost in the details."

From: L H TRAUNTVEIN [mailto:mandlht@msn.com] 
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:25 AM
To: Shawn and Kimberly Trauntvein; Shawn Trauntvein
Subject: How did it go?

Dad and I went home teaching last night. I wondered if you knew how you had done on the interview or if you felt good about it. Love, M

No comments:

Subscribe