Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Information About Thomas Vivian Pitts‏


Myrna wrote: I saw that you submitted a personal tree to Ancestry which contains:

Name: Thomas Vivian Pitts
Birth Date: 28 Apr 1894
Birth Place: Joseph, Sevier, Utah, USA
Tree Name: Doyle & Florence Pitts

Do you have more information about this person that you could share with me? Oops! You have the right information. It is the One World listing which does not.

Thank you, Myrna Pitts Trauntvein


Robert Madsen wrote: Hi Myrna,

Thomas Vivian Pitts is my grandfather’s older brother.  My grandfather was Doyle.  He passed away in 2003.  I got the information in this tree from my grandma Florence Thomas.  She resides in Centerville, Utah.  I have scanned images from her record book of a descendants chart for Thomas Vivian and Ruth Edwards.  (Which shows a “Merna” as a child of their son Howard.  I suppose that may be you?)  Anyway, I also have Family Group Sheets for Thomas Miles and wife Mary Celina Robison and both sets of parents.

I’m sure you have all that too of course.  I do have some pictures of Thomas Miles and Mary Celina.  I’d be happy to email them to you in the chance that there is something you may not have.  But, we can’t send attachments through Ancestry.com’s connection broker.  So if you want them just send an email to me at rmadsen@tgn.com and I’ll reply to your email.

Regards,
Robert Madsen


Myrna wrote: I e-mail Alan all of the time. We are very close in age and we always called each other "cousin" though we were a bit more like second cousins.

Do you know that Uncle Doyle and Aunt Florence came to all of the missionary
farewells and temple weddings of all of my children? I was actually at your
Grandfather's funeral. My father, Howard, gave the closing prayer in the
chapel. I think it was the only time he offered a public prayer. Your Uncle
Alan came to my dad's funeral as did your grandmother.

I would love to have copies of your photos. I do have a copy of your
Grandpa's book.

I am trying to get the Ancestry site to realize that I am Myrna not "Merna."

You do mean your Grandmother Florence Pitts, right?

Thanks, Myrna


Robert wrote: Dear Myrna,

Yes Florence is my grandmother. I actually gave a talk at Grandpa Doyle's funeral.

I'll send you the photos I have, that I scanned this summer.

I am very pleased to make your acquaintance.

Robert




No comments:

Subscribe