Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Helping Kirsten Leave Texas

I am fine. Howard is in town for the next few weeks. It should be okay. I haven't done anything on my own for a few years now, and it might give me a chance to get away and do something to help for a change. I always hear how everyone needs help, but can't help. Now that the children are old enough, I can leave them, and they can do some projects and homework until Howard gets home in the afternoon. It would be nice for me if Siovhan were closer, just so she could drop by, but the children will be fine. You know how that goes, you left children for weeks at a time to come and help me with my babies when they were born, and some of them not much older than the ones that I have now. They will survive. The Lord will protect them. 

Howard is trying to get me a flight for Friday. That way I will have a half day Friday, all day Saturday, as well as Monday, Tuesday and then fly home on Wednesday. Jared will be there on Thursday and they will leave Friday. I hope that Kirsten can do a lot this week and then we will break things down and put them in the garage until Jared and his brother can load the van. 

I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty. I told you that I knew you liked to help and you have moved so many of the kids that you had become a pro. I also know that you can help with the girls in a way that only Grandmas can--that is why I asked you. I was aware that there might not be a possibility for you to help, so I told you I would see if I could help. Moving is always so stressful. I am grateful that AnnMarie thought enough to help Kirsten fly. That way it makes it so that I can go and help. AnnMarie is always so good to her siblings. She seems to be the go to girl.

Take care. I will let you know when I get the flights and would you let me know if AnnMarie is going to take her cell phone with her on your trip? That way Kirsten can call with questions and ease her mind, if she needs. Thank you.

Love, Mel

No comments:

Subscribe